The best double stroller for travel will need to be compact and lightweight you can easily bring it around to your plane or pack it conveniently into your car.
Things might be a little bit different when it comes to the essential features that you might need for a double jogging stroller, simply because the main purposes of uses are totally different.
In case you want to keep fit but don’t have time to go to the gym and have nobody to take care of your babies for you, you should consider having a jogging stroller. It would allow you to take the babies out with you. While you run and push the stroller, your babies are still safe and comfortable inside.
You might be surprised to know that there are many models from different brands of jogging strollers available on the market. If you want to pick the best one that suits your needs the most, read on to learn about what you need to consider when you choose a double jogging stroller.
1. Design Formats
- Double jogging stroller manufacturers offer 2 options of design formats for you to choose from. The first one is where the babies sit next to each other side by side while in the other one, one baby will sit in front of the other. Both of these 2 designs can have their own pros and cons.
- When one baby sits in front of the other, the baby stroller will be smaller in term of width. This is very helpful when you have to use public transport. It is also make it easier for you to go on narrow roads.
- On the other hand, the design when one baby sits beside the other allows you to push the stroller forward much easily. The other one would be hard to navigate around.
2. Front Wheel
- The general design of a double jogging stroller is that it has 2 wheels on both side of the stroller and a bigger wheel at the front.
- You can also have 2 options for selection when it comes to front wheel. The first option is the fixed wheel. When you intend to go jogging in a straight line, it would be the best option.
- The second option you can have is a swivel wheel. It would allow you to turn around with ease. However, this would make the double jogging stroller not as stable as the other option of wheels.
Thanks to recent development, you now can have the option of swivel wheel which is lockable at any time you want to.
- As I mention above, the size of a double stroller is affected by the design of it. If you want to have a compact double jogging stroller, you should go for the design which your baby can sit in front of the other.
- In addition, you need to check the size where it is folded as well. Make sure when you fold the double jogging stroller, it would fit the space you provide for it in your car.
4. Folding System
To make it much convenient for you, a good double jogging system should have an easy set up and disassembly. The best one will only require you single simple step to fold. It is quite inconvenient and sometimes frustrating when you have to take out some part of the stroller before you can truly close it.
- This is the most important feature that you need to consider in a jogging stroller. Make sure that the construction of the stroller is made from high quality and very sturdy.
- Moreover, you need to check the steering to see if it can run smoothly on tough and uneven surface or not.
- Last but not least, you need to check the brakes of the stroller. There are 2 options of braking systems for you to choose from – the hand brake and the foot brake. You should try on both of the systems to see which one you find easier and more comfortable to control.
6. Other Options
Finally, there are some additional options that you can consider as well. They are not really necessary but will contribute to your experience of using it. For example, the tray of the double jogging stroller needs to have a cup holder. In addition, there should be some storage pockets and compartments for your keys and phones.
Here is the list of the most essential features that you need to consider in a double jogging stroller. You have a lot of options and models to choose from so take time and plan carefully. There is not the best double jogging stroller but the one that suits all of your preference and needs the most and I hope that you would be able to find it.
Hi, I am Alfredo Baldwin and I am a single dad living in Taylorville, Illinois. My wife has passed away a few years ago after giving birth to our daughter, Maria. I have taken care of her when she only a few months old, as both a mom and a dad. The duty was heavy since I have no idea how to replace my wife’s position. The first thing I did is trying to ask the others mom’s breast feeding milk and it is not an easy task for a young man like me. My struggle was rewarded, Maria has grown up to a beautiful girl. I know that many single dads like me could have the same problems in rising our kids. So I decided to make my own blog at babyabout.net to share my own experience and knowledge to you.